This year’s Tree Lighting will be December 2nd 2018!
The Pembroke Tree Lighting Committee is a group of Pembroke residents who put on the yearly Pembroke Tree Lighting. Our goal is to have a fun memorable event for Pembroke. We hope those who attended had a wonderful time.
This event would not be possible without the help and support of the following. Please, when you see these folks, let them know that their support is appreciated.
We would like to send out AN ENORMOUS thank you to Pembroke DPW. The DPW, weeks before the event are checking that all the strands are working and then installing the lights on most of the trees and bandstand. The DPW also puts up the avenue banners and wreaths. It’s a huge relief that the DPW takes on this daunting task. THANK YOU. DPW!
We also want to thank some great businesses who donated either money or services:
- Bright Horizons Family Solutions Pembroke- sponsoring/staffing the craft
- Pilgrim Skating Club – sponsoring/staffing the hot chocolate
- Protectowire Fire Systems– sponsoring the Cookie Decorationg Table
- Touch-A-Truck – Vehicles from Capeway Sunoco Towing, PA Landers, Pembroke DPW, Police & Ambulance, Smith Excavating & Septic, First Student, Southern Redi-Mix
- Girl Scout Troops 80169 & 80342 face painting/craft
- Pembroke Center Dunkin Donuts munchkin donations
- PJ the DJ, donated DJ services
- Halifax Lions Club – sponsoring Marshmallows/fire pits
- Hoof &Whisker 4H kids for donating the animals
- Pat Lynch/Bridgewater Savings Bank – water station
- Turn the Page Entertainment – providing Snow Queen characters
- Theater Plus! Center Stage – Jingle Bell Jukebox performance
- Mattakeesset Garden Club for providing the Holiday Votive table
- Patriot Cinema – providing popcorn
- A Slice Above – pizza donation for the volunteers
- Pembroke Cultural Council grant
- AMP 103 Radio – providing games and prizes
- Real Estate Rocks, donating the moonbounce
- Glen Thompson donating all the firewood
- Cheryl Drake – use of her inflatables
- Dunkin Donuts – donating boxes and boxes of munchkins
- Center & North Pembroke Stop & Shop – wreaths for avenue banners
- Thank you especially to all our wonderful volunteers who help at many of the activities–high school students especially from the National Honor Society and Key Club along with many adults.
- The Pembroke Fire Department – providing Santa’s ride
- The Pembroke Police Department – supporting the event
- The Pembroke Recreation Department
- Gwynne Chapman &Pembroke High School Music Department - along with the high school students- providing amazing Christmas music
- First Church of Pembroke – concession tent
- The Pembroke Historical Society – opening their building and providing cookies and cidar
- Melissa McCleary, Pembroke Library, Children’s Librarian – story time
- ThePembroke Military Support Group- yellow ribbons for the Veteran’s Tree
- C&C Farm for providing the hayride and holiday train
- Silver Lake Press – for helping with our printing needs
- Quatrefoil Drone Services -Aerial video of the event
- Cub Scouts Pack 103 – peace candle ceremony
- Lynne Mandile – Hare Raisers 4H Middleboro
- Ronda Polleys & participants – the Live Nativity
This year we added the Snowmen on the Green contest. We quickly sold out 24 snowmen and they were wonderfully decorated and displayed on the Town Green. The winners were Jean Guerini with her Mermaid Snowman, 2nd Place Artists of New England Villages with their Elvis Snowman and 3rd place went to Best Buddies of Pembroke High School with Handprints Snowman.
Thank you so much to the Pembroke school staff and PTOs for helping promote our Golden Ticket contest. Over 1,000 items were donated to our local Pembroke Food pantries. It was a wonderful success!!
CONGRATULATIONS to the 2017 winners of the Golden Ticket. The winners were:
* KEVIN MURPHY from Hobomock Elementary
* BROOKE PETERSON from North Pembroke Elementary,
* EMELIE JONSSON from Bryantville Elementary police car ride
* OWEN McNAMARA from Bryantville Elementary, police car ride
The Elementary students rode on the Pembroke Fire Truck over to the Town Green with Santa and helped Santa light the trees.
The Pembroke Food Pantry provides donated food to families and neighbors in Pembroke year-round. We hope your generous donations during the contest will inspire everyone to make donations to the Food Pantry on a regular basis. The need is constant, the gratification is instant.
Your 2017 Tree Lighting Committee
Your Pembroke Tree Lighting Committee is a group of Pembroke citizens whose mission is to put on the best holiday event. The committee consists of the Chairperson, Kathleen Keegan, Kyle Harney, Steve & Holly Walsh, Pat Ahearn, Lorraine, Jay, & Joseph LaRocca, PJ Lowe, Penny Winn, Pat Lynch, Ronda Polleys, Lisa McLaughlin, Heather McLaughlin, Liana Delaney, and there’s always room for YOU!
Many on our committee are now working on having another Pembroke Celebrates with Fireworks. We need to raise approximately $15,000 to make this happen in early Fall 2017. Checks can be made payable to Pembroke Celebrates and mailed or dropped off at Real Estate Rocks, 290 Center St. Pembroke 02359 or go to GoFundMe and search Pembroke Celebrates.
We welcome suggestions and feedback for next year’s event. Please email me at Kathleen@RealEstateRocks.com.
Thanks again for your support and look forward to doing this again next year.
Pembroke Tree Lighting, Chairperson