This year’s Tree Lighting will be December 2nd 2018!
The Pembroke Tree Lighting Committee is a group of Pembroke residents who put on the yearly Pembroke Tree Lighting. Our goal is to have a fun memorable event for Pembroke. We hope those who attend have wonderful time.
Some of the free activities that have been a part of the day:
* hot chocolate
* Cookie Decorationg Table
* Touch-A-Truck – Vehicles from Capeway Sunoco Towing, PA Landers, Pembroke DPW, Police & Ambulance, Smith Excavating & Septic, First Student, Southern Redi-Mix
* face painting/craft
* Dunkin Donuts munchkins
* Music DJ
* Marshmallows roasting over fire pits
* Animal petting
* water station
* Snow Queen characters
* Jingle Bell Jukebox performance
* Holiday Votive table
* providing games and prizes
* hayrides past the inflatable display
* Pembroke High School Music Department - along with the high school students- providing amazing Christmas music
* concession tent by the First Church (for a fee)
* The Pembroke Historical Society – opening their building and providing cookies and cidar
* Pembroke Library, Children’s Librarian – story time
* Cub Scouts Pack 103 – peace candle ceremony
* Live Nativity
The Pembroke Tree Lighting Committee is proud to offer the 2nd Annual Snowman on the Green Decorating Contest! Come get in on the fun and pick up your 4 foot snowman to decorate for your business, community group, boy or girls scout troops or even your family! We welcome participation! This year, the snowmen can be picked up from the Real Estate Rocks office beginning today, 11/8, usually between the hours of 10-4. They are being sold on a first come first serve basis. There are 32 of them and sales will end when they are all sold. We ask that all completed snowman be returned to the office Friday, November 30th. Snowman will be installed on Saturday, December 1st and a winner will be announced at the Tree Lighting Event on December 2nd. Each snowman is $40, which includes a $5 deposit for the stake used for installation. If the stake is returned, so is your deposit! All proceeds go the the Tree Lighting Committee. We look forward to another festive and fun community event. Happy Decorating!
Special thanks to Sampson Lumber for their generous donation and for sponsoring this event.
THANK YOUfor being a part of our event:
- DPW for installing the lights and avenue banners
- The Pembroke Fire Department
- The Pembroke Police Department
- The Pembroke Recreation Department
- Gwynne Chapman &Pembroke High SchoolMusic Department
along with the high school students
- The Pembroke Historical Society
- ThePembroke Military Support Group
- Quatrefoil Drone Services -Aerial video of the event
- Silver Lake Press – for helping with our printing needs
- All the elementary school student generous donations to the Pembroke Pantries through the Golden Ticket
There’s also the Golden Ticket again this year! Elementary school students may donate non-perishables to the food pantry and with each donation with an entry form attached, comes a chance to win a ride with Santa to the Tree Lighting! Entries may be left in recepticles at each school or the Real Estate Rocks Office at 290 Center St Pembroke.
Your 2018 Tree Lighting Committee
Your Pembroke Tree Lighting Committee is a group of Pembroke citizens whose mission is to put on the best holiday event. There’s always room for YOU!
Many on our committee are now working on having another Pembroke Celebrates with Fireworks. We need to raise approximately $15,000 to make this happen in early Fall 2018. Checks can be made payable to Pembroke Celebrates and mailed or dropped off at Real Estate Rocks, 290 Center St. Pembroke 02359 or go to GoFundMe and search Pembroke Celebrates.
We welcome suggestions and feedback for next year’s event. Please email me at Kathleen@RealEstateRocks.com.
Pembroke Tree Lighting, Chairperson